BERGMAN 226, is been organized by Deccan Sports Club (DSC) in kolhapur district maharashtra. We have all the permissions from all the required authorities to conduct this event .
One of the very less open water triathlon held in india.
What is a Triathlon?
A triathlon is a multiple-stage competition involving the completion of three continuous and sequential endurance disciplines. While many variations of the sport exist, triathlon, in its most popular form, involves swimming, cycling, and running in immediate succession over various distances.
WHAT DOES BERGMAN 226 DEFINES?
226 Defines the distance in Kms Swim 3.8 km Bike 180 Km Run 42.2 Km Total 226 Kms
Origin of the title BERGMAN:
Bergman is a German word which means a ‘mountain man’. In ancient times the men who used to stay on the mountain ranges had to face a challenge to overcome the herculean task of crossing the mountains for their daily needs, eventually leading them to being proficient in climbing the mountains. This daily task also made them mentally and physically quite strong .
Deccan Sports Club team has done a lot of research over the years and finalised some very unique and thrilling routes for various Triathlon events to be conducted in the near future. Most of these routes are significantly through the mountains and forest.
Since our triathlon events are going to be mostly in the midst of the forest and mountains and since triathlon events is more of a test of mental and physical strength, Deccan Sport Club team has tried to bring out the analogy from the word BERGMAN, denoting a strong human being, and therefore felt that this is an apt title to be given to the finisher, in every event, for completing the “mountainous” task .
Cut Off Timings
BERGMAN 226 Triathlon Swim 2:30 Hr - Bike 8:30 - Run 6 Hr Total 17:00 Hrs Male & Female
USP of the event and facilities provided to the participants:
- Time chip technology with strap chip
- Race is open from age 16 to maximum
- India’s first arch finish triathlon in Kolhapur
- Specific transition to keep bicycles safe one day prior to event
- One of the very few open water triathlon events in india
- This race will follow international standards
- Medical facility will be provided on course and at finish
- Physiotherapy sessions will be held for participants post race
- India’s fastest triathlon and duathlon course
- Proper hydration and nutrition stations on course for athletes
- Traffic controlled event
- Good quality t-shirts for participants
- Goody bags
- Finisher medal to participant who finishes the race in cutoff time
- Trophy will be awarded to winners in age group category
- Elite Category will be awarded with prize money and trophy
- Post race refreshments will be given to participants
- Around 100+ volunteers will be hired for the event
- Be the Deccan Conqueror
REGISTRATION FEES INCLUDES
Entry to Race
Swimming cap (Triathlon)
On course nutrition
Special Goodie Bag
1) Practice Swim 8:00 Am To 10:00 Am
2) Expo Starts 10:00 Am To 7:00 Pm
3) Bib Kit Collection 10:00 Am To 7:00 Pm
4) Bike Check In 12:00 Pm To 8:00 Pm
5) Brief meeting 5 Pm onwards
1) Transition Area Open 5:00 Am To 6:00 Am
2) BERGMAN 226 Line Up 6:15 Am Start Time 6:30 Am