EVENT DATE :- 17 OCT 2021
BERGMAN 113, TRI-IT Deccan triathlon and DU-IT Deccan Duathlon is been organized by Deccan Sports Club (DSC) in kolhapur district maharashtra.We have all the permissions from all the required authorities to conduct this event .
One of the very less open water triathlon held in india.
BERGMAN 113 Elite Category will be awarded by Prize Money
BERGMAN 113 Elite Male
1st Prize - 50,000 /-
2nd Prize - 30,000 /-
3rd Prize - 25,000 /-
BERGMAN 113 Elite Female
1st Prize - 40,000 /-
2nd Prize - 25,000 /-
3rd Prize - 20,000 /-
Age Group for BERGMAN 113 Elite will be Above 18 Years Open category
Prize will be given in terms of participation in elite category more then 12 Participants in each category (elite male and elite women) 3 winners will be awarded
less the 12 Participants 2 winners will be awarded (elite male and elite women)
less then 6 Participants 1 winner will be awarded (elite male and elite women)
Categories TRI-IT Deccan Triathlon,
1)TRI-IT Deccan Sprint Distance Triathlon General Above 16 yrs includes swim 750 mtrs , Cycle 20 km , Run 5 km.
2)TRI-IT Deccan Olympic Distance Triathlon General Above 16 yrs Includes Swim 1500 mtrs , Cycle 40 km ,Run 10 km.
3)BERGMAN 113 General Entries Triathlon Above 18 yrs Includes Swim 1900 mtrs , Cycle 90 km , Run 21.1 km
Categories Deccan Duathlon,
1)DU-IT Sprint Deccan Duathlon General Entries Above 16 yrs includes Run 5 km , Cycle 20 km , Run 2.5 km.
2)DU-IT Olympic Deccan Duathlon General Entries Above 16 yrs includes Run 10 km , Cycle 40 km , Run 5 km.
*About the event:
- BERGMAN 113
- TRI-IT Deccan Triathlon
- DU-IT Deccan Duathlon
WHAT DOES 113 DEFINES?
113 Defines the distance in Kms Swim 1.9 km Bike 90 Km Run 21.1 Km Total 113 Kms
Origin of the title BERGMAN:
Bergman is a German word which means a ‘mountain man’. In ancient times the men who used to stay on the mountain ranges had to face a challenge to overcome the herculean task of crossing the mountains for their daily needs, eventually leading them to being proficient in climbing the mountains. This daily task also made them mentally and physically quite strong .
Deccan Sports Club team has done a lot of research over the years and finalised some very unique and thrilling routes for various Triathlon events to be conducted in the near future. Most of these routes are significantly through the mountains and forest.
Since our triathlon events are going to be mostly in the midst of the forest and mountains and since triathlon events is more of a test of mental and physical strength, Deccan Sport Club team has tried to bring out the analogy from the word BERGMAN, denoting a strong human being, and therefore felt that this is an apt title to be given to the finisher, in every event, for completing the “mountainous” task .
What is a Triathlon?
A triathlon is a multiple-stage competition involving the completion of three continuous and sequential endurance disciplines. While many variations of the sport exist, triathlon, in its most popular form, involves swimming, cycling, and running in immediate succession over various distances.
What is a Duathlon?
Duathlon is an athletic event that consists of a running leg, followed by a cycling leg and then another running leg in a format bearing some resemblance to triathlons.
Cut Off Timings
Elite BERGMAN 113 Triathlon Swim 1:10Hr - Bike 4:20 - Run 3:00 Total 8:30 Hrs Male
Elite BERGMAN 113 Triathlon Swim 1:10Hr - Bike 4:40 - Run 3:10 Total 9:00 Hrs Female
General BERGMAN 113 Triathlon Total 9hrs Male
General BERGMAN 113 Triathlon Total 10hrs Female
TRI - IT Deccan Olympic Distance Triathlon Total 5:00 Hrs Male
TRI - IT Deccan Olympic Distance Triathlon Total 5:30 Hrs Female
TRI - IT Deccan Sprint Distance Triathlon Total 3:00 Hrs Male
TRI - IT Deccan Sprint Distance Triathlon Total 3:30 Hrs Female
DU - IT Deccan Olympic Duathlon Total Cut Off Time 5:00 Hrs Male
DU - IT Deccan Olympic Duathlon Total Cut Off Time 5:30 Hrs Female
DU - IT Deccan Sprint Duathlon Total Cut Off Time 3:00 Hrs Male
DU - IT Deccan Sprint Duathlon Total Cut Off Time 3:30 Hrs Female
USP of the event and facilities provided to the participants:
- Time chip technology with strap chip
- Race is open from age 16 to maximum
- India’s first arch finish triathlon in Kolhapur
- Specific transition to keep bicycles safe one day prior to event
- One of the very few open water triathlon events in india
- This race will follow international standards
- Medical facility will be provided on course and at finish
- Physiotherapy sessions will be held for participants post race
- India’s fastest triathlon and duathlon course
- Proper hydration and nutrition stations on course for athletes
- Traffic controlled event
- Good quality t-shirts for participants
- Goody bags
- Finisher medal to participant who finishes the race in cutoff time
- Trophy will be awarded to winners in age group category
- Elite Category will be awarded with prize money and trophy
- Post race refreshments will be given to participants
- Around 100+ volunteers will be hired for the event
- Be the Deccan Conqueror
REGISTRATION FEES INCLUDES
Entry to Race
Swimming cap (Triathlon)
On course nutrition
Special Goodie Bag
16 Oct 2021 Saturday
1) Practice Swim 8:00 Am To 10:00 Am
2) Expo Starts 10:00 Am To 7:00 Pm
3) Bib Kit Collection 10:00 Am To 7:00 Pm
4) Bike Check In 12:00 Pm To 8:00 Pm
5) Brief meeting 5 Pm onwards
17 Oct 2021 Sunday Race Day
1) Transition Area Open 5:00 Am To 6:45 Am
2) Olympic Duathlon Line Up 5:45 Am Start Time 6:00 Am
3) Sprint Duathlon Line Up 6:15 Am Start Time 6:30 Am
4) BERGMAN 113 Elite Line Up 6:15 Am Start Time 6:30 Am
5) BERGMAN 113 GENRAL Age Group Line Up 6:30 Am Start Time 6:45 Am
6) Olympic Distance Triathlon Line Up 6:45 Am Start Time 7:00 Am
7) Sprint Distance Triathlon Line Up 7:00 Am Start Time 7:15 Am